Without Borders...

Abby and Sara have been best friends since they met in the dorms at Colorado State University in 2002. Each year since then, they have been on at least one trip together, with the last few years consisting of backpacking travels through Europe.

In 2010, they decided to put their desire to see the world towards a more constructive cause. Instead of taking an adventurous vacation, they chose to visit Tanzania and volunteer with Light in Africa for five weeks.

This winter, they are going back to Light in Africa to volunteer for another five weeks, and can't wait to see how much "their" kids have grown!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Overwhelmed

Last week, I had my last day in my department at Siemens. Leaving with mixed feelings (great department with great colleagues, but ready for a new challenge), I was overwhelmed by the support of my fellow coworkers. I received many gifts for LIA - from teddy bears, to games, to bottles, to office material for the LIA staff. I am so grateful to have such support from all areas.

Also an overwhelming experience yesterday - we reached our fundraising goal! We have set out chipin (the widget on this page) higher, and really excited about what we be able to do with the funds. Stay tuned - Sara has more overwhelming updates to come :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment